Sunday, September 21, 2014

GERMAN TECHNOLOGY

German technology

Sadly I am disillusioned, my expectations of the quality of German technology has been seriously damaged.   The clock in my 1983 Mercedes 380SL has stopped working. It gave no warning, it showed no intermittent signs, no losing or gaining time.  There were no clunks, clanks or groans, it just stopped working. Quit working suddenly and permanently.  Stopped, without even a sigh.  My expectation that this was a well built automobile, with high end components, has been shattered.  Now that the clock has failed, I do not know what to expect, will the cup-holder be next?

Driving without a clock is a great inconvenience.  I have now resorted to the use of an egg timer, however, every 5 minutes I must stop and turn it over.  Without the clock, I don't know when to eat, or when to sleep. Both activities of supreme importance. My greatest fear that I may miss a meal or may awaken and find out I was not really asleep. 

I have even been forced to stop and ask 'complete' strangers what the time is. This is difficult for me in Marble as it is so small that there are few (if any) strangers either 'complete' or 'incomplete'  It is not practical to ask people I know as many I owe money to and the others seem to think I want to borrow money. In fact  most run and hide, or worse, ask me to repay loans.

If you should see me stop, please don't run away, I do not want to borrow money.  I just need to know what time it is.

The local Mercedes dealer claims the car is out of warranty.  My  retort that it was only 31 years old fell on deaf ears. This treatment shall be remembered when I am in the market for a new automobile.

I have begun a campaign to try to have my clock repaired, replaced or at least have Mercedes improve the reliability and quality of their clocks in future automobiles.  Please add your voice to the thousands of others who are clamoring to have Mercedes improve their quality.

Thanking you in advance, for all your help.

MorriCat
Consumer advocate and activist


No comments:

Post a Comment